Treason case: LHC summons Nawaz Sharif, warrants issued for Cyrial Almeida
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Monday summoned former prime Nawaz Sharif on October 8 in a high treason case.
A full bench of the high court, headed by Justice Mazahar Ali Naqvi, was hearing the treason petition filed by Advocate Azhar Siddiqui seeking treason trial of former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Nawaz and a journalist Cyril Almeida.
Abbasi appeared before the court to attend the hearing, while two other accused were absent.
Arrest warrants issued against former PM Shahid ... 12:42 PM | 10 Sep, 2018
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court issued bailable arrest warrants of former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi in a ...
Nawaz Sharif 's counsel Advocate Naseer Bhutta informed the court that his client was unable to attend the hearing as people were frequently visiting him to condole the death of his wife Begum Kulsoom Nawaz. He also urged the court to hold next hearing of the case after the Chehlum (fortieth day her death.
Expressing anger over Almeida's absence, the LHC issued non-bailable arrest warrants for the journalist and adjourned the hearing until October 8.
In the petition, Abbasi has been accused of leaking minutes of the National Security Council’s meeting to Nawaz Sharif following his statement about the Mumbai attacks. The petitioner sought a treason case against Abbasi for disclosing secret information.
The petitioner further argued that Nawaz's controversial interview to a newspaper had damaged the country’s image in the world. He also called for launching treason case against Nawaz and the Dawn News reporter.
Nawaz Sharif invites public wrath for ... 07:02 PM | 13 May, 2018
LAHORE - Pakistan's ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif faces severe criticism from all quarters, including his own ...
In July, the high court had adjourned the hearing till after the general elections.
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Balochistan doctors allowed to carry out private practice in ...05:23 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019