PM Imran meets Iranian, Turkish presidents on sidelines of UNGA session in New York
NEW YORK - Prime Minister Imran Khan met Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on the sidelines of 74th UNGA session in New York.
According to media reports, both the leaders discussed matters of mutual interests during the meeting and ongoing situation in the region.
Talking to reporters in New York, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said that PM Imran had made it clear to the US president that the region could not afford any war. “During the Saudi visit too, the prime minister had suggested an amicable solution to the US-Iran standoff,” Qureshi said.
To a question, the foreign minister replied that US President Trump had expressed trust in PM Imran’s leadership, adding that PM Imran had explained Pakistan’s clear, categorical and firm stance on Kashmir, Afghanistan and Iran to President Trump.
Prime Minister Imran Khan had a meeting with President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan on the sidelines of 74th UNGA Session at New York and both the leaders exchanged views on the matters of bilateral interests.
- India imposes curfew, restrictions in Occupied Kashmir to prevent ...02:09 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan marks Youm-e-Istehsal to express solidarity with oppressed ...01:31 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Front foot no-ball technology to be used for Pakistan-Pakistan tests01:04 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Folklore’ is No. 1 on Billboard's charts with a ...05:54 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- I have received many marriage proposals from Pakistan: Cengiz Coskun04:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020