Promotion of maritime sector vital to fully benefit from CPEC, says Naval Chief
KARACHI - Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi, in a message on the occasion of World Maritimes Day, today (Thursday), said that promotion of maritime sector is vital to fully benefit from China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
He said the government has declared this year as Blue Economy Year which is a good step.
The Naval Chief said increasing pollution besides traditional challenges is a serious issue.
He also called for collective efforts by all coastal countries to counter the challenges.
He said Pakistan Navy has taken various steps including cleanliness of ports, prevention of oil spill and plantation of mangroves in coastal areas.
Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi reiterated to extend full cooperation for development of maritime sector and promotion of ship industry.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:24 AM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 14 August 202209:18 AM | 14 Aug, 2022
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022