Russian army chief lauds Pakistan's achievements in war against terror
MOSCOW - The Russian military leadership has invited Pakistan Army to join International Military Games 2018.
The invitation was given by the Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, General Valery Gerasimov during his meeting with Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Wednesday.
According to an official statement of Ministry of Defence, both military heads discussed regional security issues in Moscow on Wednesday and agreed on the development of contacts in the defense area.
An interesting exchange of views took place on regional security issues, the state and prospects of bilateral cooperation in the military and military-technical fields. The mood for deepening dialogue and developing contacts in the defense sphere was confirmed, the statement added.
It said that Russian Army General Valery Gerasimov invited the Pakistani representatives to take part in the international military games – 2018 (July 28 – August 11) and the International Military Technical Forum “Army-2018” (August 21-26).
Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on the second day of his visit in Russia met his counterpart General Valery Vasilevich Gerasimov at the Defence Ministry, Moscow. Matters related to regional security, stability and bilateral security cooperation were discussed.
According to a statement issued by the Inter-Service Public Relations (ISPR), General Gerasimov appreciated Pakistan’s achievements in the war against terror. He said that Russia supports Pakistan’s efforts towards reconciliation and peace in Afghanistan and is willing to play a role towards that end.
General Qamar Javed Bajwa said that Pakistan welcomes any initiative which can bring peace and stability in Afghanistan and the whole region will benefit from it.
COAS said that Pakistan wants to get out of the zero-sum dynamics of Cold War era that is still prevalent in South Asia. We have no hostile designs towards any country and will keep on working towards a cooperative regional framework based on sovereign equality and mutual progress through connectivity, he added.
Russia plays positive role to resolve complex ... 09:44 PM | 24 Apr, 2018
MOSCOW - The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa reached Russia on Tuesday, informed a press release ...
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019