Russian army chief lauds Pakistan's achievements in war against terror
MOSCOW - The Russian military leadership has invited Pakistan Army to join International Military Games 2018.
The invitation was given by the Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, General Valery Gerasimov during his meeting with Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Wednesday.
According to an official statement of Ministry of Defence, both military heads discussed regional security issues in Moscow on Wednesday and agreed on the development of contacts in the defense area.
An interesting exchange of views took place on regional security issues, the state and prospects of bilateral cooperation in the military and military-technical fields. The mood for deepening dialogue and developing contacts in the defense sphere was confirmed, the statement added.
It said that Russian Army General Valery Gerasimov invited the Pakistani representatives to take part in the international military games – 2018 (July 28 – August 11) and the International Military Technical Forum “Army-2018” (August 21-26).
Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on the second day of his visit in Russia met his counterpart General Valery Vasilevich Gerasimov at the Defence Ministry, Moscow. Matters related to regional security, stability and bilateral security cooperation were discussed.
According to a statement issued by the Inter-Service Public Relations (ISPR), General Gerasimov appreciated Pakistan’s achievements in the war against terror. He said that Russia supports Pakistan’s efforts towards reconciliation and peace in Afghanistan and is willing to play a role towards that end.
General Qamar Javed Bajwa said that Pakistan welcomes any initiative which can bring peace and stability in Afghanistan and the whole region will benefit from it.
COAS said that Pakistan wants to get out of the zero-sum dynamics of Cold War era that is still prevalent in South Asia. We have no hostile designs towards any country and will keep on working towards a cooperative regional framework based on sovereign equality and mutual progress through connectivity, he added.
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Chohan roasts anchorperson Imran Khan for maligning CM Buzdar08:22 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020