Good governance: Four VVIPs gets licences of prohibited weapons
ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) – Interior Ministry informed the National Assembly that special weapons licences had been issued to four VVIPs.
In a written response submitted in the lower house of parliament, the ministry informed the house that the licences were issued to President Mamnoon Hussain’s son Salman Hussain, PM Nawaz Sharif, Justice Sarmad Jalal Osmany and Justice Mohammad Saqib Jilani.
Hussain was issued licences in June for three firearms categorised as prohibited bore, while Jilani was issued two licences for non-prohibited bore and one for prohibited bore.
However, the ministry did not clarify on what grounds the licences were issued to the VVIPs despite a government ban on issuing new weapons licences.
- Alia Bhatt drops adorable glimpse of her Italy vacation03:12 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- US dollar dips to Rs217.25 as Pakistani currency continues recovery02:55 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan team leaves for Neatherlands for ODI series tonight02:12 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- ‘Thor’ actor Chris Hemsworth turns 3912:48 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Sophia Mirza: robbery in Dubai, money-laundering, car theft, ...10:26 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022