Good governance: Four VVIPs gets licences of prohibited weapons
ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) – Interior Ministry informed the National Assembly that special weapons licences had been issued to four VVIPs.
In a written response submitted in the lower house of parliament, the ministry informed the house that the licences were issued to President Mamnoon Hussain’s son Salman Hussain, PM Nawaz Sharif, Justice Sarmad Jalal Osmany and Justice Mohammad Saqib Jilani.
Hussain was issued licences in June for three firearms categorised as prohibited bore, while Jilani was issued two licences for non-prohibited bore and one for prohibited bore.
However, the ministry did not clarify on what grounds the licences were issued to the VVIPs despite a government ban on issuing new weapons licences.
- PSL6, Match 8 – Karachi Kings to face Multan Sultans today11:00 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan shall respond with full might to defend motherland: DG ISPR10:25 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PM Imran congratulates nation, salutes Pakistan Armed Forces on ...10:05 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- ‘Surprise Day’ – Nation celebrates Feb 27 as tribute to PAF's ...09:38 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,315 new cases, 33 deaths08:40 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Quetta Gladiators' Chris Gayle takes on Shalwar Challenge in Pakistan05:16 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga offers $500,000 for her stolen French dogs04:29 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Atif Aslam releases teaser for his upcoming song Raat02:55 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021