Good governance: Four VVIPs gets licences of prohibited weapons
ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) – Interior Ministry informed the National Assembly that special weapons licences had been issued to four VVIPs.
In a written response submitted in the lower house of parliament, the ministry informed the house that the licences were issued to President Mamnoon Hussain’s son Salman Hussain, PM Nawaz Sharif, Justice Sarmad Jalal Osmany and Justice Mohammad Saqib Jilani.
Hussain was issued licences in June for three firearms categorised as prohibited bore, while Jilani was issued two licences for non-prohibited bore and one for prohibited bore.
However, the ministry did not clarify on what grounds the licences were issued to the VVIPs despite a government ban on issuing new weapons licences.
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022