India caste unrest: Samjhota Express gets green signal
Bus and train services between Pakistan and India were suspended following the recent caste-base violence in the Indian state of Haryana.
Earlier, Pakistan and India Dosti Bus service was restored on Wednesday when it left for New Delhi carrying at least 21 passengers.
On Sunday, Pakistan had suspended Lahore-Delhi Dosti or friendship bus service indefinitely at India’s request in the wake of violence and arson in Jat agitation in Haryana.
Since the bus service began in March 1999, the Pakistan police has escorted the Dosti buses from Wagah to Lahore`s Gulberg and Nankana Sahib terminals. And also the buses from these places to Wagah.
Days of rioting and looting by Jats had challenged Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s promise of better days for Indians who elected him in 2014 with the largest majority in three decades.
- 19 die as passenger bus plunges into ravine in Balochistan's Shirani ...12:43 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Military leadership authorised to hold talks with TTP, says Rana Sana11:20 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Nida Yasir teases fans with beach video10:47 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars react to recent hike in petrol prices11:14 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan's sports superstar Shoaib Akhtar leaves for Hajj06:15 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Noor Zafar Khan reveals her latest celebrity crush07:37 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022