IMF approves next tranche of $502 mln for Pakistan
ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) - The International Monetary Fund has approved next tranche of 502 million dollars for Pakistan.
According to a statement issued by the Ministry of Finance here Friday, IMF’s board meeting was held in Washington and considered the 10th review report of the Extended Fund Facility (EFF) supported programme and accordingly approved the next tranche of US$ 502 million for Pakistan.
The Pak-IMF talks for the 10th Review, it may be mentioned were held in Dubai in the first week of February 2016.
Finance Minister Senator Mohammad Ishaq Dar has welcomed the approval accorded by the IMF Board.
He said the process of economic reforms undertaken by the present government under the leadership of Prime Minister Mohammad Nawaz sharif had led the country to a stage where it had achieved macro-economic stability and was now well set on the path to economic growth.
He said that Pakistan would complete all the reviews under the IMF extended fund facility.
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Model Bella Hadid speaks out against racism within the fashion ...03:35 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew, restrictions in Occupied Kashmir to prevent ...02:09 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan marks Youm-e-Istehsal to express solidarity with oppressed ...01:31 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Folklore’ is No. 1 on Billboard's charts with a ...05:54 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020