Drone strike on Pakistani soil unacceptable: General Raheel tells US ambassador
According to the ISPR, the situation following the US drone strike in Balochistan on May 22, 2016 was discussed.
"Expressing his serious concerns over the said drone strike, COAS said such acts of sovereignty violations are detrimental to relations between both countries and are counter-productive for ongoing peace process for regional stability."
Ambassador of US Mr David Hale visited GHQ and called on COAS, General Raheel Sharif today. The situation arising... https://t.co/xp2hbJbMTV
— ISPR (@ISPR_Official) May 25, 2016
“Pakistan’s efforts, successes and sacrifices in fight against terrorism have been unparalleled,” General Raheel added.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif criticised the US drone strike on Sunday, describing it as a violation of Pakistan's sovereignty.
A strong protest has also been lodged with the US over the attack.
- Pakistan tough team to play in T20 format, says Kiwi skipper ahead of ...02:05 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Lifetime disqualification: Pakistan’s top judge terms Article ...12:54 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Yamaha increases motorbike prices by up to Rs15,500 (Check new rates ...12:22 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan Army Chief to receive enhanced honour cordon at Pentagon ...11:58 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Hareem Shah gets temporary relief from arrest in money laundering case11:05 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Asim Azhar to release mashup of two songs with young fan Arshman11:49 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022