Turkish President Erdogan expresses condolence on tragic plane crash in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan Monday received a telephone call from President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan in which the latter offered condolences on the tragic crash of airplane in Karachi.
President Erdogan reiterated Turkish nation’s strong support to its Pakistani brethren in this difficult time, Prime Minister Office Media Wing, in a press release, said.
The two leaders further agreed to enhance bilateral cooperation against COVID-19 pandemic to jointly address the situation.
Prime minister Imran Khan briefed the Turkish president on the steps taken to control the spread of coronavirus in Pakistan.
He thanked president Erdogan for providing valuable medical equipments, which was reflective of historic linkages between the two countries to help each other in times of need.
The prime minister, while discussing the long term economic repercussions of COVID-19, said a comprehensive coordinated plan of action on debt relief and restructuring was needed to stave off socioeconomic turbulence.
The prime minister highlighted his call for “Global Initiative on Debt Relief” for developing countries aimed at helping them cope with the challenges.
He briefed president Erdogan on the worsening human rights situation in Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K) accentuated by double lockdown and intensified military crackdown.
He also shared Pakistan’s concerns on India’s moves to alter the demographic structure of the occupied territory, while the world was preoccupied with fighting the pandemic.
The prime minister also apprised him of the demonization of Muslims in India in the context of COVID-19, which should be rejected by the international community.
President Erdogan and Prime Minister Imran Khan exchanged greetings on the auspicious occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
- OPPO launches the stellar more fun, more experience OPPO A11K – A ...08:46 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Sri Lanka minister offers ICC evidence 2011 World Cup was fixed08:17 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- $4k solid gold face mask for 'protection' against COVID-1908:06 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Over 300 cases of COVID-19 reported in Sindh Police in 2 days07:56 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- PPSC to restart interviewing candidates as lockdown eased07:44 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I appeal the President to help the needy artists of Pakistan: Ali ...02:22 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020