Black Day to be observed on Sunday at national, Int’l level to express solidarity with Kashmiris
LAHORE – Black Day will be observed on Sunday at the national and international level in a befitting manner to express solidarity with people of Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K).
According to Ministry of Interior official notification, the Black Day will be observed to express harmony with Kashmiris in their plight caused by the Indian government.
On October 27, 1947, the sufferings of Kashmiri people commenced with the landing of Indian troops in Jammu and Kashmir. The suffering increased manifold after New Delhi revoked Articles 370 and 35-A of Indian Constitution on August 5, suspending the special status of Occupied Kashmir.
Pakistan has been holding regular protests and solidarity activities since India clamped the curfew in occupied valley, continuing for the last 82 days today, which made the lives of Kashmiris miserable.
The government has chalked out a comprehensive programme to observe the day, highlighting brutalities and massive human rights violations, being committed by the Indian troops to suppress the indigenous freedom struggle of Kashmiris, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Public gatherings, rallies, walks and protest demonstrations to be held at district and Tehsil level across the country including AJK and Gilgit-Baltistan.
Black banners, Panaflex, hoardings and streamers will be displayed at prominent roads and places to mark the day in an appropriate manner.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019