PM Imran apprises New Zealand counterpart about Indian human rights violations in IOJ&K
The prime minister appreciated the swift measures taken by New Zealand in the aftermath of terrorist attacks in Christchurch in March 2019. He also apprised the New Zealand premier of the developments since India's unilateral and illegal action to alter the internationally recognized status of the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K) and change of its demographic structure.
He highlighted the dire human rights and humanitarian crisis, which continued unabated.
The prime minister underscored the urgent need to lift the curfew and other restrictions in place for over 50 days, ensure respect for the rights and freedoms of Kashmiri people, avert risks to peace and security in the region, and facilitate a solution of the Jammu & Kashmir dispute in accordance with the wishes of the Kashmiri people and the UN Security Council resolutions.
Bilaterally, the two prime ministers agreed to deepen Pakistan-New Zealand ties in diverse areas and enhance bilateral economic engagement.
- Pakistan observes World Tourism Day with focus on rural development11:38 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Hindus demand Pakistan take India to ICJ over Jodhpur killings10:05 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan backs Azerbaijan, says Armenia must stop its military action09:33 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad Police committee to probe Talal Chaudhary attack08:57 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Microsoft buys Bethesda for $7.5 billion08:18 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- 5 Ways to Define and Enhance Your Eyes While Wearing a Face Mask06:55 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- ‘I don’t consume narcotics nor promote consumption of any such ...05:22 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020