PM Imran apprises New Zealand counterpart about Indian human rights violations in IOJ&K
The prime minister appreciated the swift measures taken by New Zealand in the aftermath of terrorist attacks in Christchurch in March 2019. He also apprised the New Zealand premier of the developments since India's unilateral and illegal action to alter the internationally recognized status of the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K) and change of its demographic structure.
He highlighted the dire human rights and humanitarian crisis, which continued unabated.
The prime minister underscored the urgent need to lift the curfew and other restrictions in place for over 50 days, ensure respect for the rights and freedoms of Kashmiri people, avert risks to peace and security in the region, and facilitate a solution of the Jammu & Kashmir dispute in accordance with the wishes of the Kashmiri people and the UN Security Council resolutions.
Bilaterally, the two prime ministers agreed to deepen Pakistan-New Zealand ties in diverse areas and enhance bilateral economic engagement.
- Pakistan’s Arshad Nadeem wins javelin gold with career best throw ...11:06 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- PTI leader Shireen Mazari slams US ambassador's visit to 'sensitive ...11:41 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- British investigators launch probe into 'misuse' of charity funds by ...10:24 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan slams Indian ludicrous comments against OIC’s remarks on ...09:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Sakina Samo's directorial debut to hit cinemas later this month03:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani’s new bold photos break the internet03:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022