PM Imran apprises New Zealand counterpart about Indian human rights violations in IOJ&K
NEW YORK - Prime Minister Imran Khan met Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern on the sidelines of 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York on Tuesday.
The prime minister appreciated the swift measures taken by New Zealand in the aftermath of terrorist attacks in Christchurch in March 2019. He also apprised the New Zealand premier of the developments since India's unilateral and illegal action to alter the internationally recognized status of the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K) and change of its demographic structure.
He highlighted the dire human rights and humanitarian crisis, which continued unabated.
The prime minister underscored the urgent need to lift the curfew and other restrictions in place for over 50 days, ensure respect for the rights and freedoms of Kashmiri people, avert risks to peace and security in the region, and facilitate a solution of the Jammu & Kashmir dispute in accordance with the wishes of the Kashmiri people and the UN Security Council resolutions.
Bilaterally, the two prime ministers agreed to deepen Pakistan-New Zealand ties in diverse areas and enhance bilateral economic engagement.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019