Pakistan ranked fourth at ICC test ranking
According to ICC's point table, Pakistan is currently holding 103 rating points and the upcoming test series against Bangladesh will effect its ranking.
In the Reliance ICC Test Player Rankings, Pakistan boasts two batsmen inside the top 10. They are Younus Khan (eighth) and Misbah (10th), while Bangladesh’s highest-ranked batsman is Mominul Haque in 25th spot.
Saeed Ajmal (11th) and Junaid Khan (16th) are the Pakistan bowlers inside the 20 while Shakib Al Hasan in 13th position is not only Bangladesh’s highest-ranked bowler but is also the world’s leading all-rounder.
James Anderson, Joe Root and Gary Ballance have achieved career-best rankings in the Reliance ICC Test Player Rankings after inspiring England to a nine-wicket victory over the West Indies in the second Test, which concluded in St George’s, Gernada, on Saturday,
Anderson returned figures of two for 47 and four for 43 for which he has been rewarded with a jump of three places and puts him alongside Australia’s Ryan Harris in second position. This is Anderson’s career-best ranking to date, while his rating of 826 is also his Test best.
Root not only won the player of the match award for his 182 not out but has also been rewarded with a jump of five places that has put him in a career-best fifth position. At 865 ratings points, he is also enjoying his career-high rating with fourth-ranked Steven Smith firmly within his sights.
Ballance is the other England player to achieve a career-high ranking. His scores of 77 and 81 not out have pushed him up five places to 17th in the latest rankings, which were released on Sunday morning.
Other batsmen to make gains include Alastair Cook 27th (up by two places), Marlon Samuels 28th (up by three places), Darren Bravo 32nd (up by two places) and Kraigg Brathwaite 34th (up by eight places).
The batting table is headed by Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangkkara, with South Africa team-mates AB de Villiers and Hashim Amla sitting second and third, respectively.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan set 170 runs target for England in 6th T20I09:15 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Isha Dar appointed leader of the house in Senate08:52 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan court declares 13-year-old Christian girl’s marriage as ...08:41 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan condemns terrorist attack on educational institution in Kabul07:29 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- TikTok star Alishbah Anjum flaunts a dazzling transformation in new ...04:47 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saba Qamar sets temperature soaring with new sizzling photos04:20 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022