LATEST: PML-N loses third wicket - this time from South Punjab
The tribunal de-seated Pakistan Muslim League—Nawaz (PML-N) candidate Muhammad Siddique Khan Baloch and ordered re-election in the constituency.
The election tribunal on Aug 20 had reserved its verdict after the lawyers of both the parties completed their arguments.
According to the short order, massive irregularities were reported in the polls with no mention of rigging, Express News reported.
Earlier, the workers of both the parties, gathered outside the election tribunal have clashed, tearing at each other’s clothes and chanting slogans.
JKT's long, arduous & determined struggle for justice in NA 154 vindicated by verdict of Election Tribunal in his favour. Congratulations.
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 26, 2015
Earlier in the day, PML-N MNA and PTI senior leaders visited the election tribunal. Talking to media Tareen said, "I am hopeful about my victory." Baloch contested as an Independent candidate and won the elections with 86,177 votes, while PTI candidate bagged 75,955 votes. Later, the winning candidate joined PML-N. Tareen rejected the election result and filed an application with the Election Commission of Pakistan for recounting of votes. The Lodhran district returning officer conducted the recounting after which Baloch got 1,000 more votes. Tareen, dissatisfied with the recounting, rejected the result and filed a petition in the election tribunal, alleging the election was rigged. The election tribunal reserved the judgement on the last hearing, held on August 22 and fixed August 26 (today) for announcing the verdict.
Khan scores a hat-trick #NA154
— Reham Khan (@RehamKhan1) August 26, 2015
More info to follow....
- Russian scientists working on first edible coronavirus vaccine04:22 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- TLP workers storm Nawankot Police Station, take DSP among 5 cops ...04:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021