Inclusive political settlement only way forward for peace in Afghanistan: PM Imran
Invites Chairman Afghan High Council for National Reconciliation Dr Abdullah Abdullah to visit Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has emphasised the importance of Pakistan-Afghanistan bilateral relations, which are based on commonalities of faith and culture, shared history and fraternal bonds between the two peoples.
During a telephonic conversation with Chairman Afghan High Council for National Reconciliation Dr Abdullah Abdullah, the premier reiterated Pakistan's commitment to further deepen brotherly ties and enhance cooperation in all fields.
"There is no military solution to the conflict in Afghanistan and a negotiated political settlement is the only way forward," the PM was quoted as saying in a statement.
Highlighting Pakistan's positive contribution to the Afghan peace process, the Prime Minister stressed that the Afghan leaders must seize this historic opportunity to achieve an inclusive political settlement contributing to durable peace, security and prosperity in Afghanistan.
He said Pakistan looks forward to the commencement of Intra-Afghan Negotiations at the earliest.
PM Imran also invited Dr Abdullah Abdullah to visit Pakistan at the earliest to share perspective on advancing the Afghan peace process and forging closer ties between the two countries.
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020