PM Imran constitutes National Coordination Committee on Tourism
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has constituted a National Coordination Committee on Tourism with immediate effect.
The committee has been constituted to facilitate and coordinate government's commitment to give tourism a priority in mainstream development and steer the country towards becoming the fastest growing tourism destination.
The Special Assistant on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development will be convener of the committee.
According to the Terms of Reference, the committee will oversee and review implementation of national tourism strategy and integration of provincial and regional policies.
It will act as a focal point for inter-provincial, inter-ministerial, inter-departmental and inter-agency coordination to resolve implementation issues with respect to tourism development sector.
Geo-mapping and profiling of all the tourist spots and tourism and hospitality business and products will also come under the scope of the committee. It will identify barriers to tourism development with complete recommendations for their removal to create an enabling environment for tourism sector.
The committee will devise effective regulatory and implementation mechanism of national minimum standards. While ensuring its monitoring and coordination with all stakeholders for its strict compliance. The committee has been tasked to promote investments through public private partnership and small and medium enterprises. It will also suggest measures to promote formal training of manpower engaged with the tourism industry for capacity building.
The Convener shall brief the Prime Minister fortnightly on impediments, recommendations for improvement, and overall progress on implementation of Prime Minister's guidelines and directions.
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Police arrests over 30 demonstrators during protest against COVID-19 ...01:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020