Apple makes it difficult for advertisers with iOS9
The company’s aim is to prevent app developers and advertisers from accessing data generated by other apps. Apple believes that apps installed by users should remain private to them, reported Business Insider.
Such data is typically stored on an iOS device, and is used by major apps like Facebook and Twitter in order to find out what ads are relevant for each consumer.
On a fundamental level, Apple is trying to put an end to the use of an application programming interface (API) called “canopenURL”, which apps frequently exploit in order to deliver targeted ads. The company finds this similar to the exploitation of the user history in your web browser.
With iOS 9, Apple has made it clear that it takes the privacy of its users very seriously. The new operating system will also have the benefit of providing Apple with greater control over when and where advertisements are displayed on its devices.
- Darren Sammy prays for Palestine as Israeli attacks continue on Gaza08:19 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Clerics in North Waziristan booked for announcing fake Eid moon ...07:24 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Cabinet committee accepts NAB's request to place Shehbaz Sharif on ECL05:46 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Muhammad Noor Meskanzai appointed as chief justice of Pakistan’s ...05:41 PM | 12 May, 2021
- PM Imran regrets criticising diplomats in public05:16 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Superstar Fawad Khan cooks exceptionally well: Sadaf04:10 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Pakistani barber offers haircuts with cleavers and blowtorches02:32 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021