China begins construction on life-size Titanic replica
A keel-laying ceremony and fireworks marked the start of work on a controversial £116million Titanic in the southwestern Sichuan province on Tuesday.
The replica plans stirred controversy when it was announced the design would include a simulation of the iceberg crash that sank the original Ship.
As many as 1500 people died in 1912 when Titanic rammed into an iceberg in the Atlantic Ocean.
The design will also play on the 1997 blockbuster 'Titanic' movie, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet and hopefully it would be completed within a year, by the end of 2017.
It is part of Star Energy Investment Group's plans for a tourist resort along the Qijiang River in Sichuan's Daying County.
The life-size replica will be permanently docked in the Daying Qi river in Sichuan and guests will have to pay at least 3,000 Yuan (£315) a night for a cabin on board the ship.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020