Nawaz Sharif directs PML-N leaders to register 'strong protest' against NAB
LONDON - Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) supreme leader Nawaz Sharif has on Tuesday directed party’s top brass to register ‘strong protest’ against anti-graft watchdog as National Accountability Bureau (NAB) continues to tight noose over alleged corruption.
Sources privy to development stated that Nawaz Sharif—who is attending ailing Kulsoom Nawaz in London—has made contacts with several party’s leaders over NAB actions and directed them to devise the strategy at earliest.
Likewise, Nawaz Sharif has made telephonic contact with PML-N president Shehbaz Sharif and summoned the high-level consultative meeting.
The leader vowed to return to the country as soon as the health condition of his better half gets better.
At present, Kulsoom’s health has barred Sharif from leading election campaign of the party.
Several PML-N leaders including Nawaz Sharif , Maryam Nawaz, Shehbaz Sharif, Hamza Shehbaz, and Qamarul Islam are facing proceedings launched by the anti-graft watchdog.
On Monday, NAB Lahore arrested PML-N’s ticket holder from NA-59 Rawalpindi-III, Engineer Qamarul Islam, in connection with Punjab Saaf Pani Company corruption case. Islam is contesting the election against former interior minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan.
Islam, who has served as the chairman of the Punjab Saaf Pani Company, is accused of having awarded contracts for 84 water treatment plants at a higher price.
The arrest drew criticism from PML-N leaders, some of whom also termed it "pre-poll rigging."
Responding to a question about the arrest, Nawaz had said on Monday that he was upset having learned of Islam's arrest.
Saaf Pani case: PML-N candidate facing Ch Nisar ... 02:45 PM | 26 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court on Tuesday approved a 14-day physical remand of Engineer Qamarul Islam ...
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019