Nawaz Sharif directs PML-N leaders to register 'strong protest' against NAB
LONDON - Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) supreme leader Nawaz Sharif has on Tuesday directed party’s top brass to register ‘strong protest’ against anti-graft watchdog as National Accountability Bureau (NAB) continues to tight noose over alleged corruption.
Sources privy to development stated that Nawaz Sharif—who is attending ailing Kulsoom Nawaz in London—has made contacts with several party’s leaders over NAB actions and directed them to devise the strategy at earliest.
Likewise, Nawaz Sharif has made telephonic contact with PML-N president Shehbaz Sharif and summoned the high-level consultative meeting.
The leader vowed to return to the country as soon as the health condition of his better half gets better.
At present, Kulsoom’s health has barred Sharif from leading election campaign of the party.
Several PML-N leaders including Nawaz Sharif, Maryam Nawaz, Shehbaz Sharif, Hamza Shehbaz, and Qamarul Islam are facing proceedings launched by the anti-graft watchdog.
On Monday, NAB Lahore arrested PML-N’s ticket holder from NA-59 Rawalpindi-III, Engineer Qamarul Islam, in connection with Punjab Saaf Pani Company corruption case. Islam is contesting the election against former interior minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan.
Islam, who has served as the chairman of the Punjab Saaf Pani Company, is accused of having awarded contracts for 84 water treatment plants at a higher price.
The arrest drew criticism from PML-N leaders, some of whom also termed it "pre-poll rigging."
Responding to a question about the arrest, Nawaz had said on Monday that he was upset having learned of Islam's arrest.
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020