Saaf Pani case: PML-N candidate facing Ch Nisar in polls sent on physical remand
The anti-graft watchdog arrested on Monday two former officials, Wasim Ajmal and Qamar-ul-Islam of the Saaf Pani Company in the scam, after which they were presented in an accountability court today.
Saaf Pani scam: NAB arrests PML-N candidate ... 09:29 PM | 25 Jun, 2018
RAWALPINDI - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Monday arrested two former officials, Wasim Ajmal and ...
Wasim Ajmal was a former CEO of the Saaf Pani Company while Qamra-ul-Islam is a PML-N leader and contending general elections 2018 against Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan from NA 59.
The politician is accused of having awarded contracts for 84 water treatment plants at a higher price. His predecessor Ajmal is also accused in the case.
As the hearing went underway on Tuesday, Islam's lawyer contended that the proceedings against his client were based on the basis of allegations.
The defense lawyer further said that NAB neither had evidence against my client nor was a complaint against my client with the anti-graft body.
PML-N fields candidates against Chaudhry Nisar 06:07 PM | 24 Jun, 2018
RAWALPINDI - Pakistan Muslim League- Nawaz has finally nominated candidates against disgruntled Chaudry Nisar Ali Khan ...
NAB prosecutor Waris Ali Janjua on the occasion argued that Islam was a director when Waseem Ajmal was appointed as the CEO, adding that the installation of eight plants in Dunyapur, Hasilpur, Khanpur, Manchana Abad among other areas was done during Islam's tenure.
Islam was the chief executive officer of the Saaf Pani Company, the NAB prosecutor said, adding that his hiring took place before a notice was issued.
The prosecution alleged that the correct estimate of printing the weather sheet was not provided by the company during Islam's tenure. Janjua also informed the court that the building for the company was bought from Ali and Fatima Developers.
The NAB prosecutor requested the court to grant a 15-day physical remand of the accused.
The court then reserved its verdict on the plea.
Later, a 14-day physical remand of the accused was approved by the accountability court.
The court further ordered NAB to present the accused on 9 July again.
- Pakistan’s ‘best bank' denies trans rights activist an account ...11:52 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan Air Force chief meets Turkish defence industries head11:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Woman accusing Babar Azam of sexual abuse says video of her ...11:08 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Punjab CM Buzdar lays foundation stone of Sheikhupura-Gujranwala road10:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- US threatens India with sanctions over purchase of Russian S-400 air ...10:39 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021