Two US soldiers killed in Afghanistan
In a statement, NATO said that in accordance with the US Department of Defense policy, the names of the service members are being withheld until 24 hours after notification of next of kin is complete.
The causalities came less than 24 hours after US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo made an unannounced visit to Kabul. Mike Pompeo has hoped for a peace deal with the Taliban before September 1.
On the other hand, the Taliban have issued a statement claiming that they killed two American soldiers in an ambush in Sayed Abad district of southern Wardak province on Wednesday.
NATO’s Resolute Support mission in Afghanistan gave no immediate confirmation whether it was the same attack.
As many as 2,300 US soldiers have been killed and more than 20,400 got in Afghanistan the country since a US-led coalition ousted the Taliban in 2001. The US now has some 14,000 troops in Afghanistan.
- Daesh Karachi commander killed in Bajaur operation: ISPR11:16 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- GBLA-II: PPP workers clash with police over 'rigged' election results10:52 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- France forgives Pakistani minister for ‘insulting’ tweet10:00 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Gang of poachers smuggling Leopard skins busted in KPK08:41 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020