Eleven convicted killers hanged in Punjab jails
Two death house inmates breathed their last in Lahore’s Kot Lakhpat jail in Tuesday’s small hours. Convicted murderer, Shakeel, killed a man in 1998 and another convict, Sher Ali killed a man in 2001.
Convicts Iftikhar Ahmed and Asif were executed this morning in Faisalabad jail. Iftikhar assassinated three people in 2001 over political antagonism. Asif Zeb killed his rival in Sargodha in 1996.
A man, Rana Faryad, who shot to death his cousin has been executed in Multan’s Central Jail.
A convicted killer was hanged at the gallows in Sargodha’s District Jail for taking lives of two women and a man.
In Jhelum also, a condemned prisoner, Malik Afzal has been sent to the gallows for killing a spy agency officer in 2003.
Quetta’s Central Jail Machh also witnessed a convict, Muhammed Ibrahim, hang at the gallows. Ibrahim murdered Nawabzada Safdar Jogezai in Qila Saifullah in 2003.
In Gujranwala, a convict Nawaz, was hanged till death in Gujranwala as he killed a youth in 1999.
In Sahiwal, a man, Ishaq, was executed for killing a man in 1994. In Toba Tek Singh, a convicted assassin was sent to gallows in district jail for killing his father, brother and four nephews.
- Saudi Arabia cancels Hajj for international pilgrims over COVID-19 ...06:11 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran hails 'historic' budget to beat climate change, reverse ...05:08 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021