Govt rejects rumours of fuel shortage in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – The Petroleum Division (PD) while rejecting a news item appearing in a section of electronic media about shortage of petrol said sufficient fuel stock was available in the country to meet for 13-day needs.
“There is sufficient stock of petrol available to cater for the demand of country, contrary to news reports in a section of electronic media,” a spokesperson for the PD in an official statement here late Monday night said.
The statement came after the news about petrol shortage in Karachi city appeared in a section of electronic media.
As of May 25, he said, the useable stock of petrol stood at 255,000 metric tons, which was satisfactory for meeting the country’s 13-day requirements.
Further, a vessel carrying around 58,000 (MTs) petrol had berthed at Keamari Port on Monday, which would commence its discharge after sampling and testing, the spokesperson said. “Besides, imports of the product are lined up.”
He said oil marketing companies had also strictly been directed to enhance their logistic movement to upcountry locations to avoid ‘any untoward situation.’
“Therefore, the general public need not engage in binge buying as sufficient stocks of petroleum products are available in the country,” he mentioned.
- PM Imran to visit Diamer Basha dam project next week11:25 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran warns of Srebrenica like massacre in IOJ&K similar to as ...10:55 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The World's Premier Schools & Societies ...10:08 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- 10 new COVID-19 rapid response units inaugurated through Pakistan-US ...09:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Aisha Uqbah Malik pens a heartwarming birthday wish for husband04:27 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi criticises Muslims encouraging conversion of other ...03:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020