Govt rejects rumours of fuel shortage in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – The Petroleum Division (PD) while rejecting a news item appearing in a section of electronic media about shortage of petrol said sufficient fuel stock was available in the country to meet for 13-day needs.
“There is sufficient stock of petrol available to cater for the demand of country, contrary to news reports in a section of electronic media,” a spokesperson for the PD in an official statement here late Monday night said.
The statement came after the news about petrol shortage in Karachi city appeared in a section of electronic media.
As of May 25, he said, the useable stock of petrol stood at 255,000 metric tons, which was satisfactory for meeting the country’s 13-day requirements.
Further, a vessel carrying around 58,000 (MTs) petrol had berthed at Keamari Port on Monday, which would commence its discharge after sampling and testing, the spokesperson said. “Besides, imports of the product are lined up.”
He said oil marketing companies had also strictly been directed to enhance their logistic movement to upcountry locations to avoid ‘any untoward situation.’
“Therefore, the general public need not engage in binge buying as sufficient stocks of petroleum products are available in the country,” he mentioned.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020