One car, five motorbikes set on fire as fresh violence erupts on Islamabad highway
After the attacks, Punjab Rangers backtracked from their check-posts while Islamabad police used tear gas to disperse the mob, reports local media channels on Sunday.
Six killed, 250 injured, Pakistan Army summoned ... 10:25 AM | 26 Nov, 2017
ISLAMABAD - At least six people were killed and over 250 wounded as law enforcement agencies finally acted under ...
The protestors also ransacked a police check-post situated at Islamabad's main entry point. Meanwhile, Motorway M1 leading to Islamabad from Peshawar has been opened for passengers on Sunday morning. However, Motorway M2 near Chakri and Pindi Bhattian was closed for travelers.
Speaking to PTV, spokesperson for Motorway Mehmood Ali Khokhar said that people from Lahore were unable to enter Islamabad unless they used link roads from Gujar Khan to Balkasar Interchange before taking motorway for the capital.
- Pakistan-Morocco’s first-ever joint military drills concludes in ...02:11 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan name 12-man squad for T20 World Cup opener against India01:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani cabbie released after spending 17 years at Guantanamo Bay ...01:08 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reaches milestone of administering 100mn Covid jabs11:56 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Teen girl ‘gang-raped, filmed’ by rickshaw driver, accomplice in ...11:29 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Madam Noor Jehan's family responds to Ali Azmat's remarks04:44 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021