One car, five motorbikes set on fire as fresh violence erupts on Islamabad highway
After the attacks, Punjab Rangers backtracked from their check-posts while Islamabad police used tear gas to disperse the mob, reports local media channels on Sunday.
Six killed, 250 injured, Pakistan Army summoned ... 10:25 AM | 26 Nov, 2017
ISLAMABAD - At least six people were killed and over 250 wounded as law enforcement agencies finally acted under ...
The protestors also ransacked a police check-post situated at Islamabad's main entry point. Meanwhile, Motorway M1 leading to Islamabad from Peshawar has been opened for passengers on Sunday morning. However, Motorway M2 near Chakri and Pindi Bhattian was closed for travelers.
Speaking to PTV, spokesperson for Motorway Mehmood Ali Khokhar said that people from Lahore were unable to enter Islamabad unless they used link roads from Gujar Khan to Balkasar Interchange before taking motorway for the capital.
- ADB approves $10bn for economic recovery of Pakistan12:53 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- ‘Don’t lie to me’: India’s top cardiologist gets wife’s ...12:28 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Biden: 'We can't wait any longer' to address climate crisis12:03 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Prayer leader butchered inside house in Lahore’s Shalimar11:54 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Corruption increases: Pakistan slips four places on global Corruption ...11:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021