Slice of Princess Diana's wedding cake up for auction
The piece of fruitcake, housed in a special box marked on the cover, “CD, Buckingham Palace, 29th July 1981,” is expected to fetch USD 800.
It includes the original presentation card, “With best wishes from, Their Royal Highnesses, The Prince & Princess of Wales.”
Accompanied by the original mailing package, with label issued to “Mrs J L Faulkner.”
The cake was created and baked by David Avery, the head baker at the Royal Naval cooking school for the wedding that took place on July 29, 1981, according to the RR auctions.
The item is part of a collection of numerous royal photographs, letters and other memorabilia that is currently up for sale at the US-based auction house.
Among them is Princess Diana’s jewelled evening bag that is expected to sell for USD 12,000. Bidding for the items will close on December 6.
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PTI govt to lose another finance minister today08:08 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021