First transgender person gets driving licence in Islamabad
Ali Laila, a member of the transgender community, was issued the licence Monday some 15 years after she first started driving a car.
Laila, who is the president of the Awaz Shemale foundation in Rawalpindi, told local media that her father taught her how to drive back in the year 2000. She said she has been regularly driving in the twin cities without a licence for fifteen years now.
Earlier this year, Laila was issued a national identity card with gender marked ‘X’ on the directives of the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
In March this year, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police issued driving licences to several transgender persons based on their self-assumed gender identity and existing Computerised National Identity Cards (CNIC) documents.
'Gender X': 15 transgender persons issued driving ... 08:03 PM | 5 Mar, 2018
PESHAWAR - The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on Monday issued driving licences to 15 transgender persons for the first ...
- COVID-19: 'Please don’t make videos of people receiving Ration', ...03:25 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- PAF C-130 aircraft carrying Zaireen from Dalbandin lands at Skardu ...01:36 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Govt trying to maintain balance between lockdown to prevent spread of ...12:15 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Lahore police sealed all the entry and exit points of the city11:42 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Zahid Ahmed apologises to the nation for choosing a script ‘so ...05:02 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019