Pakistan PM apprises Saudi prince about HR violations in Indian-held Kashmir
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has underscored the importance of an effective counter narrative and concerted efforts to combat Islamophobia, the Radio Pakistan reported on Tuesday.
He was talking to Saudi Prince Sultan Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud who called on him in Islamabad. The Pakistani premier also stressed for greater engagement of the youth in this process and enhancing their pride in the history as well as achievements of Islamic civilization.
He lauded the progress made by Saudi Arabia under the wise leadership of King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud and Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman.
Imran Khan highlighted the tourism and economic potential of Pakistan and noted the macro-economic improvements achieved by the government including the current account surplus.
He said the international community should stand with the innocent Kashmiris in their just struggle.
Speaking on the occasion, Prince Sultan bin Salman Al Saud highlighted the close affinity between Saudi Arabia and Pakistan and deeply appreciated the role played by Pakistani professionals especially doctors and engineers in the progress and development of Saudi Arabia.
He underscored the need for Islamic Ummah to better understand its cultural and religious heritage and to project it to remove misperceptions about Islam.
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020