Pakistan PM apprises Saudi prince about HR violations in Indian-held Kashmir
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has underscored the importance of an effective counter narrative and concerted efforts to combat Islamophobia, the Radio Pakistan reported on Tuesday.
He was talking to Saudi Prince Sultan Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud who called on him in Islamabad. The Pakistani premier also stressed for greater engagement of the youth in this process and enhancing their pride in the history as well as achievements of Islamic civilization.
He lauded the progress made by Saudi Arabia under the wise leadership of King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud and Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman.
Imran Khan highlighted the tourism and economic potential of Pakistan and noted the macro-economic improvements achieved by the government including the current account surplus.
He said the international community should stand with the innocent Kashmiris in their just struggle.
Speaking on the occasion, Prince Sultan bin Salman Al Saud highlighted the close affinity between Saudi Arabia and Pakistan and deeply appreciated the role played by Pakistani professionals especially doctors and engineers in the progress and development of Saudi Arabia.
He underscored the need for Islamic Ummah to better understand its cultural and religious heritage and to project it to remove misperceptions about Islam.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019