Villagers thrash police officials in Okara
According to reports, a complaint was received at Ravi police station that some people were violating the Loudspeaker Act at the shrine of Baba Lal Shah in a village, Chah Shahabal Wala near Jandraka in Okara.
A reinforcement team led by Muhammad Hussain, SHO of Ravi police station, reached the spot and asked people not to breach the law and also detained a girl, who was dancing in the festival.
Furious over the police action, villagers encircled and gave them a thrash after overpowering the raiding team and tore their uniforms. In the attack, SHO Hussain, ASI Zulfiqar, Constables Liaqat Ali and Ismail received injuries.
The angry mob also snatched a police rifle, mobile phones, Rs15,500 from them, Express Tribune reported.
Later, more police officials reached the spot and controlled the violent situation.
Following the incident, the police have booked at least 57 accused, including Rustam Ali, Akbar, Kalu, Mohsin, Azam, Fozia, Ali Raza, and others under sections 6, 395, 397, 353, 186 and 294.
- YES — Sonia Naz becomes Pakistan’s first transgender person to ...01:36 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021