LHC rules against summoning Nawaz, Shehbaz Sharif in Model Town killings case
The bench led by justice Qasim Khan and comprising Justice Alia Neelum and Justice Ahmed Naeem announced the verdict on Wednesday, on a petition filed by Pakistan Awami Tehreek's leader, Jawad Hamid.
While Justice Alia Neelum and Justice Ahmed Naeem ruled against summoning 12 individuals in the case, Justice Qasim wrote a dissenting note.
ISI, IB submit conflicting reports on Model Town ... 12:32 PM | 6 Dec, 2017
LAHORE - The Justice Baqar Najafi report on Model Town case has revealed conflicts in the reports submitted by the ...
Pakistan Awami Tehreek, in its petition against the ruling of the trial court, had pleaded the Lahore High Court to summon former railways minister Khawaja Saad Rafique, former law minister Rana Sanaullah, former foreign minister Khawaja Asif, Pervaiz Rasheed, Tauqeer Shah, Azam Salman and others in the case.
However, the court decided against summoning the leaguers, giving a clean chit to them.
Former Inspector General Police Punjab, Mushtaq Sujkhera was directed to appear before the anti-terrorism court, dismissing his petition for exclusion of name from the FIR.
Model Town Killings
At least 14 people were killed and 90 others injured in clashes between the police and workers of the Pakistan Awami Tehreek as authorities moved to remove encroachments in front of Dr Tahirul Qadri’s house in Model Town on June 17, 2014.
Following the incident, an inquiry commission, comprising Justice Ali Baqar Najafi, was formed. The Punjab government was reluctant to make the inquiry report public but it later released the report following the orders of the Lahore High Court (LHC).
The report has not held any person responsible for the incident. During the investigation, the statements of different police officials and the provincial cabinet members including provincial Law Minister Rana Sanaullah were recorded.
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- PML-N, PPP lock horns as polling begins for NA-133 by-election09:51 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021