Pakistan briefs UNGA President about grave situation in Occupied Kashmir
NEW YORK - Pakistan 's Permanent Representative to the United Nations (UN) Dr Maleeha Lodhi met with President of UN General Assembly Maria Fernanda Espinosa in New York and briefed her in detail about the grave situation in occupied Kashmir.
In a tweet on Tuesday, she said the United Nations should live up to its obligations on Indian occupied Kashmir.
Met Maria Fernanda Espinosa , President of UN General Assembly & briefed her in detail about the grave situation in occupied Kashmir where the continuing curfew & lockdown is exacerbating the suffering of the Kashmiri people.UN should live up to its obligations on IOK pic.twitter.com/dF6IZVJJh5— Maleeha Lodhi (@LodhiMaleeha) August 27, 2019
The members of the UNSC meeting expressed concerns regarding the deteriorating situation in Kashmir. Kuwait’s representative in the meeting mentioned the number of UNSC resolutions over the issue and stressed on their implementation, she said.
The Pakistani representative continued that “Pakistan has raised the Kashmir issue at the international level, and will move forward after this step. The UNSC session negates the claim that it is India’s internal matter”.
- PTI govt opens process for privatisation of public entities09:55 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- ATC acquits 40 accused in Youhanabad lynching cases09:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Zameen.com ready to hold Karachi Expo on February 1 and 208:18 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Ufone felicitates KPC’s new leadership08:12 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- 'Anti-state' Facebook posts: Lahore journalist's bail plea rejected07:54 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019