It's official! Final match of PSL 2 to be held in Lahore
LAHORE - The final match of the second edition of Pakistan Super League (PSL) will be held in Lahore, the Punjab government confirmed on Monday.
Yesterday, an apex committee meeting was chaired by Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif with National Security Adviser Lieutenant General (r) Nasir Khan Janjua, Commander Lahore Corps Lt Gen Sadiq Ali, Punjab Minister for Anti Terrorism Lt Col (r) Sardar Ayub Khan Gadhi, Punjab Rangers Director General Azhar Naveed Hayat and other higher officials from military as well as civil leadership, in which the decision was made.
Earlier, there were doubts whether the PCB would hold the PSL final in Lahore on March 5 following the February 13 suicide bombing in which 14 people including senior police officers had been killed while 73 other were injured.
It should be noted that Pakistan have not hosted any international cricket tournaments since the terror attack on the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore in 2009, when six policemen were killed and some of the visiting players were injured.
The final of the PSL will take place at Qaddafi Stadium in Lahore on March 5.
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020