Kabul demands that Pakistan do more to stop ISIS attacks in Afghanistan
ISLAMABAD - Kabul has asked Pakistan to do more to stop ISIS from crossing in to Afghanistan in light of the twin suicide attacks that took place this Saturday, which targeted a peaceful protest by the Afghani Hazara minority, killing 80 and leaving over 230 injured.
Afghan's Director General Military Operations (DGMO) shared details of the security measures taken by the Afghan government against ISIS and has asked the Pakistani army to take similar precautions to stop Daesh (another name for ISIS) from entering the country through its border.
A trilateral meeting between military officials of Pakistan, Afghanistan and the United Sates has also been held in which issues related to the ultra-extremist group were discussed.
Pakistan's DGMO, who led the delegation along with representatives from important ministries and security agencies, has yet to comment on this matter.
According to the NATO-led coalition, there are between 1000-3000 Daesh militants currently stationed in Afghanistan.
In related news, Kabul has also complained about the gate under construction on the Torkham border, saying that they were not consulted on the matter.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020