Pakistan Rangers, Indian BSF hold first round of talks today
During the meeting, the request of the Indian delegation to make the Pathankot attack part of the dialogue's agenda was rejected by Pakistan, which stated that the incident was an interior matter of India.
The meeting was convened at the Rangers Headquarters by Director General Rangers Maj. General Umar Farooq Burki, who welcomed a 24-member delegation from India led by DG BSF Krishan Kumar Sharma.
During the meeting, both sides hurled accusations at each other over the tense situation on the border and the numerous ceasefire violations in recent months.
They talked about a range of topics including prevention of cross-border smuggling, the swift return of people mistakenly crossing the border, and incidents of unprovoked firing at the Line of Control (LOC).
The closing stage of talks will be held on Thursday (tomorrow), after which a joint statement which will be issued. The Indian delegation will also be given a reception today.
- US Ambassador Donald Blome attends flag-lowering ceremony at Wagah ...02:05 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- JS Bank holds medical camps and food distribution in flood affected ...01:32 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- ‘We just have to play with it’: Imran Khan’s audio leak about ...01:03 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan PM Shehbaz, Army Chief felicitates Saudi crown prince on ...11:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Anil Kapoor sends birthday wishes to Pakistani fashion designer08:52 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan groove to 'Alcoholiya'11:32 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022