Two Muslim women targeted at Indian railway station by beef vigilantes
The women were beaten up by Hindu Dal activists at Madhya Pradesh's Mandsaur railway station, NDTV reported.
Shockingly, the women were beaten up after they had been detained by the police.
The police had been tipped-off that the Muslim women were carrying beef. According to reports, the women were taking the beef from Jaora to sell it in Mandsaur.
A video of the incident shows a huge crowd cornering the women before verbally abusing and beating them. The police tried to stop the crowd but were outnumbered.
Reports said 30 kg of meat was recovered from the women. An examination of the meat by local doctors showed it was from buffalos.
The women were later produced before a court and sent into judicial custody. But the police have failed to take any action against the men who beat them up at the railway station.
Cow vigilantism has snatched headlines and political attention in the past few weeks after national outrage over the video of four Dalit men being flogged, tied to an SUV and paraded for skinning a dead cow in Una in Gujarat earlier this month.
- #JSBank holds #medical camps and food distribution in #flood affected ...02:28 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- ‘We just have to play with it’: Imran Khan’s audio leak about ...01:03 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan PM Shehbaz, Army Chief felicitates Saudi crown prince on ...11:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Petrol price likely to dip by Rs9 per litre from October 111:18 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Anil Kapoor sends birthday wishes to Pakistani fashion designer08:52 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan groove to 'Alcoholiya'11:32 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022