HEC to strengthen cordial relations with Mauritius: Dr Banuri
Mr Rashidally acknowledged HEC’s advice in the establishment of Higher Education Commission, Mauritius which will be made operational by 2019. He said the HEC, Mauritius has been structured on the model of HEC, Pakistan.
Mauritius is an island State and in its 50 years of independence, it has 100 per cent literacy rate. He said that Mauritius offers free education from primary to university levels and spends eight to 10 per cent of GDP on education.
He added that the country is also a member of the Middle Income Club. He expressed his desire for expanding collaboration with HEC and sought further support in areas of Information Technology and medical postgraduate studies.
Dr Tariq Banuri informed the High Commissioner that HEC, Pakistan is funding centres of excellence in advanced technologies and these centres provide assistance to partner countries.
He said that HEC will support postgraduate studies for medical students. He also mentioned Pakistan’s expertise in marine sciences which could be of value to Mauritius, given its strategic focus on the Blue Economy. He said that HEC looks forward towards strong cooperation and sharing of expertise after the Higher Education Commission, Mauritius is made operational.
The High Commissioner expressed his appreciation for HEC, Pakistan and said that Mauritius is looking forward towards HEC, Pakistan’s support in strengthening its tertiary education structure.
- Gold price drops by Rs550 per tola in Pakistan10:35 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- India hosts first Central Asia summit with focus on Afghanistan10:19 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan PM to attend Beijing Olympics in show of ‘solidarity’ ...09:00 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021