Afghan President Ashraf Ghani arrives in Islamabad to hold talks with Pakistani leadership
According to media details, Adviser on Commerce Abdul Razak Dawood and other officials received the Afghan President at Nur Khan airbase.
The visiting dignitary was also given a twenty-one gun salute.
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has arrived in Islamabad. He will hold key meeting with Prime Minister Imran Khan on Afghanistan Peace process, border security situation, and bilateral trade issues. pic.twitter.com/6JKBM33gsv— Govt of Pakistan (@pid_gov) June 27, 2019
The Afghan president is accompanied by a high-level delegation including Ministers, advisers, senior officials and businessmen.
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has appreciated Pakistan's efforts for the peace process in Afghanistan.
He was talking to Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi in Islamabad on Thursday.
Speaking on the occasion, the Foreign Minister said Pakistan will continue playing its role for peace in Afghanistan with sincerity, good intentions and an open heart.
He said Afghan people have suffered a lot due to the instability prevailing in Afghanistan for decades.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said Pakistan always emphasized on result-oriented talks believing that this is the only way to establish durable peace in Afghanistan.
The Minister expressed confidence that the Afghan President's visit to Pakistan will bring the two countries closer and strengthen bilateral relations.
The two sides agreed to implement the already decided strategy of peace and brotherhood for betterment and welfare of the peoples of the two countries.
One on one meeting was also held between Prime Minister Imran Khan and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani in Islamabad.
Matters pertaining to bilateral cooperation in various sectors and regional situation were discussed in the meeting.
This is President Ghani’s third visit to Pakistan and follows the recently held first review session of the landmark Afghanistan-Pakistan Action Plan for Peace and Solidarity.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020