PIA to resume weekly flights for Tokyo
Mashood Tajwar told local media that the problem PIA had been facing was a lack of passengers and cargo from Beijing for Tokyo. However, the issue has now been sorted out after negotiations with Japanese authorities, he told Dawn.
The airline also made an announcement on Twitter yesterday.
On Friday, Federal Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar Khan said that since PIA’s indicators had shown an improvement over the past few months, proposals were under consideration for adding new, profitable routes on the airline’s map.
Currently, PIA is operating its flights on 18 international routes including the UK, Italy, France, Spain, Norway, Denmark, Saudi Arabia, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Qatar, China, Malaysia, India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Thailand and Canada.
The resumption of Tokyo route days before the first flight of British Airways would land at Pakistan International Airport on Monday (June 3) morning while the same day the flight would depart for London.
British Airways would operate three flights in a week from June after interval of a decade.
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- We will continue to restore democracy by removing PTI govt: Zardari03:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020