China helped Pakistan when no other country was interested, says Ahsan Iqbal
Addressing the Pakistan International Trade Fair 2017 on Friday, the minister expressed that projects worth Rs27 billion have been completed under China Pakistan Economic Corridor.
'China-Pakistan Economic Corridor became a reality due to the efforts of former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif' declared Ahsan Iqbal.
The lawmaker claimed that Pakistan will not be dependent on other countries for resources such as oil and liquefied natural gas as China helped diversify energy generation projects.
'Three hundred and sixty LNG projects are being worked on under CPEC', he added.
Ahsan Iqbal observed that seventy years ago, no one would have imagined capitalising on the coal available in Tharparkar but now the resource was now being tapped courtesy of CPEC.
Pakistan International Trade Fair has been organised by Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry in collaboration with Badar Expo.
The expo, which was inaugurated by President Mamnoon Hussain on Thursday, seeks to provide a platform to entrepreneurs to showcase their products to buyers from more than 20 countries.
- T20 World Cup: England win the toss and choose to bowl first04:39 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021: Australia bowl first in opener against South ...03:36 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Aliya Ali faces severe backlash for wearing bold dress05:23 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021