Sartaj Aziz meets Turkish foreign minister, both agree to work on Free Trade Area
Both leaders agreed to speed up work on mutual Free Trade Area to expand trade ties between the two countries.
They also expressed satisfaction on positive momentum in brotherly relations between Pakistan and Turkey, achieved as a result of frequent high-level exchanges as well as signature economic projects, like Metro Bus, urban waste management and energy sector cooperation.
They agreed to further enhance cooperation in defence industry and maintain high-level contacts on important regional and strategic matters.
Sartaj Aziz briefed his Turkish counterpart on the situation in Afghanistan.
The Turkish Foreign Minister appreciated the positive role played by Pakistan in the Afghan peace and reconciliation process.
The situation in Syria and Turkish endeavours to find a peaceful solution also came under discussion in the meeting.
Sartaj Aziz commended the efforts of the Turkish Government to host over two million Syrian refugees.
- Ex-PM Gillani’ son among 30 PDM workers arrested in Multan10:39 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:34 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 November 202008:30 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020