General Raheel visits civilians injured by Indian firing along LoC
The army chief also visited Punjab Rangers headquarters on the occasion. He termed the ceasefire violations highly immoral and unprofessional. The COAS appreciated the Rangers personnel for their befitting response to Indian aggression.
"We can sense definite linkage between terrorism being sponsored by India in various parts of Pakistan and belligerence along LOC," General Raheel said.
According to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) as many as 47 people have so far been wounded by Indian forces in villages located near to Sialkot Working Boundary. Another ten people have died in the ceasefire violations.
Meanwhile DG Punjab Rangers and Border Security Forces chief are scheduled to meet on September 9 to discuss the recent episode of ceasefire violations.
Pakistan has also approached United Nations requesting Military Observer Group to take notice of India's unprovoked firing at LoC.
Twitter thread of DG ISPR Major-General Asim Bajwa:
State of today's casualties due Indian Fire at WB;8 shaheed incl one woman,one child.47 injured incl 24 women& 11 children-6— AsimBajwaISPR (@AsimBajwaISPR) August 28, 2015
Later visited CMH Slkt to inquire abt health of injured civs.Directed concerned to ensure best possible treatment-5 pic.twitter.com/mNTP14UAL0— AsimBajwaISPR (@AsimBajwaISPR) August 28, 2015
Indian firing and violation targeting civs is Highly unprofessional,unethical,irresponsible& cowardly act-4 pic.twitter.com/xrj8LYJ7z8— AsimBajwaISPR (@AsimBajwaISPR) August 28, 2015
We Can sense definite linkage b/w terrorism being sponsored by India in various parts of Pak and belligerence along LOC/ WB-3— AsimBajwaISPR (@AsimBajwaISPR) August 28, 2015
Working Bdry#COAS visits Rangers HQ.Was Briefed latest.Appreciated high morale of deployed troops&civs.Commends Rangers'befitting response-1— AsimBajwaISPR (@AsimBajwaISPR) August 28, 2015
Said,India has blatantly violated CF along WB&LOC.Crossed all limits to terrorise Pak civ population disregarding intl conventions&norms-2— AsimBajwaISPR (@AsimBajwaISPR) August 28, 2015
- How many Pakistanis are expected to perform Hajj this year, reveals ...08:55 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Jamshed Iqbal Cheema appointed SAPM on food security07:48 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- In first step to control price hike, new Pakistani finance minister ...07:35 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Ingenuity’ – NASA Mars helicopter makes first historic flight ...06:50 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021