Thinking about attending a New Year's party? Religious parties have a plan for you
Scores of vigilante groups have constituted special forces armed with batons for the enforced prevention of musical programmes and cultural shows on New Year’s Eve.
These dedicated forces will mainly focus on preventing any sort of probable dance parties on 31 December.
Members of the vigilante force would patrol crowded places in major cities mainly Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad to keep an eye on teenagers engaged in any kind of 'immoral' activity.
Religious factions would enlist the help of local administration to take to task anyone found indulging in alcohol. They have also issued a warning regarding not tolerating any lapse in morality.
On the other hand, a number of local hotels, theatres and companies are gearing up to celebrate New Year’s Eve by arranging cultural and variety programmes. Scores of residents and visitors have already thronged hotels and guest houses to mark the night with gusto and zeal.
- YES — Sonia Naz becomes Pakistan’s first transgender person to ...01:36 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021