10-year old groom released from custody in Toba Tek Singh underage marriage case
Earlier, the Shorkot Cantonment police had raided a nuptial ceremony, in which 10-year-old Ali Sher was being married to a 22-year-old woman. Police seized the minor along with Nikah Khwan Hafiz Muhammad Tahir on Tuesday, although both the concerned families managed to flee the scene.
The investigation officer handling the case said that the minor had been released due to his age, which gave him immunity against prosecution, but confirmed that a case had been filed against the Nikah Khwan and the girl's father under the Punjab Child Marriage Act.
- World’s largest copy of Quran being made in Pakistan07:52 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- First PIA flight to Oman’s Salalah airport receives water cannon ...07:05 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- ‘Historic moment’ – Islamabad airport handles first cargo for ...06:29 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Social media reacts to whooping hike in petrol price in Pakistan05:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- TECNO successfully completes Islamabad matches for the PUBG Campus ...04:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi all praise for co-stars Bilal Abbas Khan and Sajal Aly10:48 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021