India's adamant attitude on Kashmir issue can cost it heavy: FM Qureshi
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said that India's adamant attitude on Kashmir issue can cost it heavy as the situation in the Indian occupied territory is deteriorating, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Talking to a private news channel, the foreign minister said that the offer of mediation by US President Donald Trump during Prime Minister Imran Khan's visit to Washington was more than Pakistan’s expectations.
He said the matter of US mediation on Kashmir was initiated by India, though the Modi regime is now backtracking from it following a hue and cry in his country's political circles.
The minister said that Prime Minister Imran Khan made the US realized that Kashmir is a flashpoint which requires an early resolution.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said the US desired Pakistan’s role for an intra-Afghan dialogue for which the Prime Minister committed to play his role to convince the Taliban leadership.
He said the Prime Minister categorically stated that the notion of strategic depth is outdated as the country is ready to extend all-out assistant for Afghan peace.
He said Pakistan wants the ballot to replace the bullet in Afghanistan and also desires Taliban leaders to join the political process by taking part in elections.
- Punjab approves Ravi River Front Urban Development project12:40 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 243,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,058 confirmed ...11:30 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Ahmad Shah becomes youngest Pakistani to receive two YouTube play ...11:26 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's first song to release today11:18 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020