India's adamant attitude on Kashmir issue can cost it heavy: FM Qureshi
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said that India 's adamant attitude on Kashmir issue can cost it heavy as the situation in the Indian occupied territory is deteriorating, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Talking to a private news channel, the foreign minister said that the offer of mediation by US President Donald Trump during Prime Minister Imran Khan's visit to Washington was more than Pakistan’s expectations.
He said the matter of US mediation on Kashmir was initiated by India , though the Modi regime is now backtracking from it following a hue and cry in his country's political circles.
The minister said that Prime Minister Imran Khan made the US realized that Kashmir is a flashpoint which requires an early resolution.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said the US desired Pakistan’s role for an intra-Afghan dialogue for which the Prime Minister committed to play his role to convince the Taliban leadership.
He said the Prime Minister categorically stated that the notion of strategic depth is outdated as the country is ready to extend all-out assistant for Afghan peace.
He said Pakistan wants the ballot to replace the bullet in Afghanistan and also desires Taliban leaders to join the political process by taking part in elections.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019