Pakistan sailors dominate 2nd CAS International Open Sailing C’ship
ISLAMABAD - Pakistani sailors dominated the medal table as curtains were drawn on the 2nd Chief of the Air Staff International Open Sailing Championship, being held at PAF yacht club, Karachi.
The Championship was comprised of four sailing classes (Laser standard, Laser radial, Optimist, RSX), out of which three sailing classes were of sailing category and one was of windsurfing, said a press release issued here by Directorate of Media Affairs of PAF.
In the RSX category, gold and silver medals were grabbed by Pakistan's Raja Qasim Abbas and M. Sajjad respectively, while Tunisia’s Mami Safouan claimed the bronze medal.
In the Laser standard category, all medals were clinched by Pakistani sailors - M.Tanveer, Muzammil Hussain and Najeeb-Ullah.
In Laser radial category gold medal was won by Khairunneeta Mohd Afendy of Malaysia, while silver and bronze medals were secured by Pakistan's Hana Fatima Asad and Marium Asad Ali, respectively.
In Optimist category, gold and silver medals were clinched by Master Panna Boonnak and Miss Thorfun Boonnak of Thailand respectively, while the bronze medal was taken by M. Abdullah Akram of Pakistan.
Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan, Chief of the Air Staff Pakistan Air Force was the chief guest at the closing ceremony. Speaking on the occasion, the air chief said that flawless conduct of the championship was the manifestation of PAFs commitment in promoting healthy activities, not only at the national level but also at international level. He expressed special gratitude to the international players for their participation in the Championship and said that PAF would provide all-out support for the promotion of water sports in the country.
Later on, the chief guest gave away medals to the winners and runner ups. The championship was played from 23- 27 July, in which 57 sailors and officials from seventeen countries participated. PAF Yacht Club is the best venue for sailing in Pakistan. Also known as a pioneer institution in the country, the Club promotes this exhilarating sport. The Club has been organizing national and international events in collaboration with Pakistan Sailing Federation.
- Pakistan surpasses 240,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...04:23 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran opens Islamabad infectious diseases hospital built in just ...02:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Celebrate Eid-ul-Azha with simplicity amid COVID-19 crisis, PM Imran ...02:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020