Pakistan receives over $505m from World Bank
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan received over 505 million dollars from the World Bank on Tuesday under a financing agreement signed last week to provide financial support.
The State Bank of Pakistan has announced that this is a concessional financing in the form of budgetary support with the objective to enhancing the institutional framework and to improve fiscal management, and improving the regulatory framework.
Last week, the World Bank had approved Rs84.16 billion loan under the Resilient Institutions for Sustainable Economy (RISE) programme with seven major conditions for undertaking structural reforms.
- Pakistan cracks down on illegal oil trade, seals 609 petrol pumps03:45 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Pope Francis and his predecessor vaccinated against Covid-1902:28 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- 'What's Love Got To Do With It' – Sajal Aly joins Jemima ...02:07 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- TikTok star Alishba Anjum to make music video debut in Sarmad ...08:50 PM | 14 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021