Religious Ministry to start refunding Government Scheme hajj dues from Thursday
ISLAMABAD - The Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony has decided to refund Government Hajj Scheme dues following the Saudi decision of excluding pilgrims from outside Saudi Arabia from performing hajj this year to contain coronavirus spread in the kingdom.
According to the spokesman of the ministry, the branches of designated scheduled banks would start the cash return of the deposited hajj dues of Government Scheme pilgrims from Thursday (July 2).
“All successful hajj applicants of Government Scheme were being informed about the repaying of their amount by sending messages to the mobile phones of each pilgrim,” the spokesman said.
A pilgrim will have to visit his respective bank branch (where he had deposited the dues) along with the original CNIC and bank receipt of the hajj dues deposit for a cash return of the amount. While in case of getting amount through banker’s cheque, the group leader should visit the relevant bank’s branch along with the original documents of his group’s intending pilgrims.
The applicants should contact Accounts Officer Refund on telephone No: 051-9208465 in case of any difficulty in the refunding process. Hajj inquiry number 051-9205696; 051- 9216980-82.
In case closure of the relevant branch, he said the amount will be refunded through other nominated bank branches.
A total of 86,765 intending pilgrims were picked through general balloting from out of 149,295 applicants, aspiring to perform the sacred religious obligation under Government Scheme.
A total 179,210 Pakistanis were aspiring to perform hajj this year including 107,526 under government scheme and 71,684 under private
The government Hajj package (per person) was Rs 463,445 for the north region without Qurbani and Rs 486,270 for the same region with Qurbani (animal sacrificial).
While Rs 455,695 for South Region without Qurbani and Rs 478,520 for the same region without Qurbani.
- Met forecasts very hot, humid weather in most parts of country11:42 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Smart lockdown imposed in seven UCs in Karachi till July 1811:04 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus affecting worldwide peace and security: UN10:01 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 225,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,619 confirmed ...09:47 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Unplanned major cities threat to agriculture land, environment: PM ...08:41 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020