Zong CEO hints at another merger, says telecom sector flooded with competitors
Zong CEO Liu Dianfeng while sharing his views on China Mobile Pakistan Limited’s (Zong) future said that it was difficult to generate profits in Pakistan with given market magnitude and a number of competitors.
“It is difficult to make profits in Pakistan’s market and the return on investments comes in different outlines,” Liu said adding “Maybe, in the future, we can think of buying an operator.”
“To develop a 4G market and installing these sites is a big challenge especially when the government is continuously burdening the industry with heavy taxation,” he said.
Currently, Zong has acquired 5,000 3G and 2,700 4G sites and plans to add 2000 4G sites to its network.
Read more: PTA approves Mobilink, Warid merger
- Three PTI ministers to probe Broadsheet scandal11:19 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- KP, Sindh governors call on PM Imran10:20 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Why is ‘Imran Khan’ riding a rickshaw in Sialkot? (VIDEO)09:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Smart lockdown in several areas of Gujranwala, Lahore including DHA, ...09:03 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Nora Fatehi 'had fun last night' with Turkish chef Burak in Dubai ...07:29 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Mahira Khan recovers from COVID-19 infection, announces return to TV ...04:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani actor Huma Nawab loses Rs0.2 million to online scammers04:10 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021