Pakistan will host Asia Cup 2020, confirms Council
The tournament is scheduled to be played in September 2020, and will be played in the T20 format, the Council ruled in its meeting in Singapore on Tuesday.
It is set to precede the 2020 ICC T20 World Cup.
Last year's Asia Cup was hosted by UAE, has served as Pakistan’s adopted home for men’s internationals since 2010.
The 2018 Asia Cup was scheduled to be played in India, but was shifted to UAE with India triumphing over Bangladesh in the final by three wickets.
Meanwhile, on the sideline of a meeting of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in Singapore, PCB Managing Director Wasim Khan made contact with Sri Lankan cricket board's officials in a bid to convince them to move their end-of-the-year Test series from the UAE to Pakistan.
Khan invited a Sri Lankan delegation which can then be briefed regarding security plans and arrangements.
There is also good news for the sport lovers that cricket has been accepted as a new entry in the Asian Games.
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Kohsar University in Murree05:20 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021