Main accused in Aasma murder case flees to Saudi Arabia on 'Umrah' visa: KP police
PESHAWAR - The Inspector General (IGP) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police, Salahuddin Mehsud has confirmed that Mujahid Afridi had successfully managed to flee to Saudi Arabia from Benazir Bhutto Airport Islamabad on an Umrah visa right after the murder.
According to reports, a third-year student of the medical college, Aasma, in a statement before her death at the hospital, alleged that Mujahid Afridi shot her injured. She succumbed to her injuries at the hospital.
DPO Kohat Abbas Marwat said that Mujahid and Sadiq have been nominated in the FIR. He said that process for red warrants through Interpol has been started. He said that the KP police has sought the assistance of FIA and other federal agencies.
The DIG of Police, however, told the media that so far the police has faced no political pressure in probing the case.
Search underway of Kohat medical student's killer 06:43 PM | 29 Jan, 2018
KOHAT - Police in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa have intensified their search to nab a man who shot dead a medical student over ...
- Pakistan surpasses 240,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...04:23 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran opens Islamabad infectious diseases hospital built in just ...02:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Celebrate Eid-ul-Azha with simplicity amid COVID-19 crisis, PM Imran ...02:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020