Ali Siddiqui set to assume charge as new Pakistan's envoy to US today
Siddiqui reached Washington on Monday night after leaving Pakistan on Saturday, using his new diplomatic passport. He was received by Rizwan Saeed Sheikh, the deputy chief of Pakistan Mission to the US at the airport.
The appointment of Siddiqui, an investment banker by profession, came just days before the incumbent government of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) is set to complete its five-year term.
Before his posting as an top envoy to the US, he served as as a special assistant to Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi.
A case challenging his appointment is also pending with the Islamabad High Court (IHC). The petitioner had claimed that Siddiqui was not appointed on the basis of merit.
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Syria goes to the polls next month09:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021