‘State department’s gunmen’ beat KWSB staff to get extra share in water: Officials
Sheikh revealed this while attending a hearing of the Supreme Court-mandated water commission headed by retired Justice Amir Hani Muslim. "The hydrant at Shah Faisal Colony is shut down in order to supply extra water to Pakistan Air Force (PAF) base," Dawn News reported, citing the official.
He further claimed that the pumping station at Karsaz is also operated in a similar manner.
The managing director informed the commission that some armed men on Sunday pushed the KWSB staff to close the Shah Faisal Colony hydrant.
The incharge of the pumping station, Khalid Farooqi, backed the allegations, saying the armed men shut down the hydrant, cursed and beat him. He claimed that the armed men also abducted him and was released later.
- How many Pakistanis are expected to perform Hajj this year, reveals ...08:55 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Jamshed Iqbal Cheema appointed SAPM on food security07:48 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- In first step to control price hike, new Pakistani finance minister ...07:35 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Ingenuity’ – NASA Mars helicopter makes first historic flight ...06:50 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021