‘State department’s gunmen’ beat KWSB staff to get extra share in water: Officials
Sheikh revealed this while attending a hearing of the Supreme Court-mandated water commission headed by retired Justice Amir Hani Muslim. "The hydrant at Shah Faisal Colony is shut down in order to supply extra water to Pakistan Air Force (PAF) base," Dawn News reported, citing the official.
He further claimed that the pumping station at Karsaz is also operated in a similar manner.
The managing director informed the commission that some armed men on Sunday pushed the KWSB staff to close the Shah Faisal Colony hydrant.
The incharge of the pumping station, Khalid Farooqi, backed the allegations, saying the armed men shut down the hydrant, cursed and beat him. He claimed that the armed men also abducted him and was released later.
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Negligence in serving expats unacceptable, PMImran tells Pakistani ...09:49 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021